Ashtanga Yoga Urban Retreat
14 – 20 April 2022
Each morning will be devoted to yoga practice based on the traditional method of Ashtanga yoga. For the first class, Laruga will guide a Led Primary Series practice, and the other 6 mornings, will be centered on Mysore self practice under her attentive guidance. During the Mysore practice, each practitioner will receive individual heartfelt support from Laruga, to enrich their personal practice with joy, sustainability and technical knowledge. This way a warm, loving and relational field will be created, where the capacity to listen inwardly broadens. Needs and boundaries are always honored, allowing each to look through the lens of curiosity to who we truly are.
All levels of students are welcome to join the retreat.
Previous Ashtanga yoga experience recommended.
- 7:00 – 9:30
Mysore Practice (Led Primary Seris on first morning)
- 10:00 – 11:30
Chanting | Meditation | Philosophy Discussion
- 11:30 – 13:30
- 13:30 – 15:30
Asana and Movement Technique Class
PHILOSOPHICAL AND CONTEMPLATIVE TOPICS
- Yoga is Still the Mind. Inhabiting Our True Nature
- The Discipline of Transcendence: Abhyasa and Vairagaya
- Ashtanga Yoga: The Path and The Journey
- Asana – A Tool for Understanding the Self
- The Fire of Transformation: Tapas
- Self Practice = Self Responsibility
- Overcoming Obstacles on the Path
- The Art of Ashtanga Yoga
- The Gateway Postures of Primary and Intermediate Series
- Core Integrity
- Backbends: Balancing Active Release
- Exploring Transitions
- Arm Balances and Strength Awareness
- Inversions and Spatial Awareness
In between practices, Laruga will lead a yoga philosophy session, after chanting and meditation, followed by a group discussion.
By the end of the week, you will have greater grounding in all aspects of Ashtanga, leaving the retreat recharged and maintaining the gift of yoga.