Ashtanga Yoga Retreat – Mykonos, Greece
ABOUT THE RETREAT
Laruga’s intention for this retreat is to facilitate a space for those to enter into the heart and soul of Ashtanga yoga through practice, self-reflection and discovery. Mornings will be dedicated to sitting in silence as well as chanting, to then commence the Mysore practice under her guidance. The afternoon classes will be comprised of the major aspects of the Ashtanga yoga tradition as well as discussion on the philosophy. This retreat will be limited to 15 people offering an intimate space for guidance and support throughout the week. In that light, Laruga will also leave space to meet the needs of the group by tailoring the workshops with this in mind to help foster everyone’s connection to the practice. It is her hope that each participant will leave the retreat refreshed, recharged, and inspired, maintaining the gift of yoga within moving forward.
ABOUT THE PRACTICE
The first morning you will probably do a led class but for the remainder, the mornings will be dedicated to Mysore class, which will be for all levels as always. Mysore is so great because it is the most appropriate for experienced students as well as new beginners. Just know all students will be well taken care of. Then for the afternoons, Laruga will go over the foundations of the Ashtanga yoga practice more in-depth. In between practices, there will be yoga philosophy sessions with group discussion. So by the end of the week, all participants will have a greater grounding in all aspects of the Ashtanga yoga tradition.
* All practices are open to all levels from beginners to more advanced yogis and restricted to a small number of guests (10-15).
GREEK INSPIRED NUTRITION
Combining a holistic approach to wellness with the Greek tradition we have created a bespoke menu which awakens the senses and lifts your spirit. Kicking off the day with energizing snacks and a delicious brunch featuring traditional Greek yogurt, homemade granola, raw tahini, organic thyme honey and a blend of greek superfoods. Cold pressed juices and smoothies will be available for you to enjoy by the pool or to sip before a swim. In between the yoga practices, a revitalizing salad bar will be served at the outdoor dinning table including a special version of the famous Greek salad and the Cretian ‘ntako’ salad. The dinners will be catered by our local chef, each evening serving a different Mykonos specialty. Let it all go, with herbal infusions and raw cacao promising a good night sleep.
In between the yoga sessions, there will be plenty of time to relax, enjoy a swim in the pool or book a therapeutic massage. There’ll also be plenty of time to explore Mykonos magnificent beaches and stroll at its lively villages. A day trip to Delos is always a must as it’s one of the most renowned sacred places in Greece and a UNESCO heritage ancient site. It’s only a 40min boat ride from the old port of Mykonos tour guide will be sharing all the history and magic of the place with us. Mykonos is the most lively island in the Cyclades so feel free to check out the extra activities from diving to wind surfing, and we can help you customize your journey.
THE RETREAT INCLUDES
- 6 island days / 5 nights – luxury accommodation on a seaside villa
- Morning Mysore practices & evening Ashtanga workshops
- Yoga philosophy sessions
- 3 vegetarian meals prepared by private chef (brunch, light lunch, dinner) – Dairy free options available
- 3 day cleansing cold-pressed juice
- Fresh produce of fruits and vegetables
- Yoga equipment (mats, straps, blocks, etc)
- Visit to downtown Mykonos for dinner
- Beach time
- Transfers from / to Mykonos JMK airport upon arrival / departure
- Free wifi access in the villa
- Housekeeping service
- Still and sparkling water provided
* Flights to / from JMK Mykonos airport are NOT included *
RATES & ACCOMMODATION
- TWIN ACCOMMODATION
- Garden view Junior Suite with two single beds & ensuite bathroom — 2.090€ p/p
- Sea view Suite with two single beds & ensuite bathroom — 2.390€ p/p
- Sea view Suite with double bed & ensuite bathroom — 2.090€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size bed & ensuite bathroom — 2.390€ p/p
* Suggested for couples, friends & family
- Superior Sea view Suite with three single beds & ensuite bathroom — 2.290€ p/p
- Guest house apartment with three single beds & ensuite bathroom (garden view) — 1.990€ p/p
- Sea view Suite with double bed & ensuite bathroom — 3.090€ p/p
- Superior Sea view Suite with king size bed & ensuite bathroom — 3.390€ p/p
* The above prices include VAT 24%